Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I am depressed (And so can you!)

So many of you know that I'm struggling with depression to some extent. Those of you who don't, hi, I'm Baylor. And I've been in kind of a weird blue funk tonight, and it was bugging the shit out of me because I couldn't see WHY I would be like that. I feel like I'm on a pretty good streak right now (note to self, recover the Basement Batman I'm missing), talking to pretty girls left and right, talking more with good friends and leaving shitty ones behind, and I'm going back to Norman in less than a month. Shit, there was a good half hour period when I was trying to listen to a STWT and my little brother and dad were SO FUCKING LOUD that I had to stop until they shut the fuck up for a minute so I could finish it, and I just got so angry. I mean, I acknowledge that where my computer is is a terrible spot for trying to do ANYTHING without interruption, but I like to think my headphones are pretty good.

A few hours later, I was playing Borderlands with Taffy himself but I just wasn't really enjoying it, which sucks because it's SUCH a fun game. Maybe I'll make sure that we're actually communicating on voice chat next time. I mean, I did an entire playthrough with Maya by myself but had a blast the entire time, my Zer0 file with Blake has been just a shitton of fun. I didn't know what was up.

And then it hit. Depression don't give a FUCK if you're doing well or you think you're doing well, it comes down on you without warning and without mercy and just beats you until you feel like shit and you think "Hey, maybe it's a good idea to text that one girl who treated you like shit because you wanted to sleep with her that one time." And then when part of me went "No, that's an atrocious idea," that first part of me went "Dude, no, just go buy some alcohol and you can blame it on that!" and I just went "Seriously brain? This is what you're going for?" And that's about when, on the timeline, it hit me that it was just depression fucking with me and I shouldn't pay it any mind. I should just go back to playing Isaac (if the little sack of shit would run at full speed, but nooo I had to get an AMD processor) and listen to prog metal.

Are you still reading this? Why? There wasn't a moral here.

Well. Maybe I'll go get some alcohol. I still want to try Mike's Hard Lemonade. Maybe THAT'S the moral, really sweet alcohol is good. I like that moral.

No comments:

Post a Comment