Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Raise your hand if you're genuinely terrified for your country.

I was talking to my friend Josh earlier, and he dropped this excellent little gem:

"But I believe at this point, "religion" has become less of an ideal mindset, and more a "get out of jail free card" to exercise bigotry.­"*

Anyone who knows me well knows I'm an atheist, and therefore not really friend to anyone or anything overtly religious. But I'm not a fanatic. If you're fun and easy-going, I'll be your friend as long as you don’t try to convert me or as long as every second thing that comes out of your mouth isn't Jesus, Allah, or Vishnu.

But the fanatics gunning for office are just dangerous. They very clearly don’t preach love like I KNOW, having grown up Christian for nearly 15 years before I broke off on my own, the Bible does.

For those of you who literally do not know better and are actually considering people like Santorum, Gingrich, or Romney, please, please, use your head for five goddamn minutes and listen to what they are spewing.


*: Please don't start firing off on the exact wording or diction or what-have-you of this quote. The point still stands even if every word wasn't perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment