Monday, January 30, 2012

Pop quiz!

I have a question for you! How often do people answer my text messages or calls?

A. 100% of the time. There is literally no person more popular than I am.
B. Most of the time. I may only keep a small circle of friends, but that's fine, I like to keep to myself most of the time.
C. Rarely. Getting in contact with people requires double- and triple-checking because apparently I'm not that important.
D. Never. The only reason my number is in anyone's phone but my own is because I snuck their phone out under cover of night and punched my number in. There's a dude from Minnesota who visited Bixby one year who is STILL wondering who the hell Baylor Becker is.

If you answered C, good jorb!

If this comes across as sarcastic and a little bitter, it's because I am! Very often, I'd say at least four times a week, I'll put up a status or Tweet with an open invitation to eat dinner with me, because while I don't like people most of the time, I enjoy conversing over lunch or dinner. I often leave these open invitations because that's the most reliable way for me to get a response.

Even then, when I have friends and family telling me to call or text people (my friends at OU) to get dinner, I've stopped giving actual responses to these questions. I've said multiple times that I tried texting someone, but I didn't get a response. I don't like to call people on the phone because I assume they're doing something, or like 99% of the time I do make a social call, they don't pick up.

I get it, you mean well. But please stop telling me to do what I have been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment