Sunday, September 26, 2010

Clarification!

Because I love to spread obscure pop culture that I like:

"Blag" is from xkcd 148. I like xkcd. You should read it. It's good stuff.

The Shou Tucker Assertion I mentioned is kinda like a suped-up Finagle's Law. Finagle's Law states that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong. Well, the more common and (pedantically) incorrect name is Murphy's Law. One of Brenna's nicknames is Murphy, so when we were dating, I had Murphy's Boyfriend's Law, which states that whatever can go wrong will go wrong, as well as around whatever can go wrong. Basically, Murphy's Law would screw specifically you up. Mine screwed my endeavors up as well as the endeavors of people around me. Since we stopped dating, I needed to come up with a different name. I love Fullmetal Alchemist, and the first name I though of was Shou Tucker. So, we have the Shou Tucker Assertion.

Also: Go watch/read Fullmetal Alchemist. There are two versions of the anime, and then the manga. The 2003 anime is based on the manga, but it diverges heavily from the manga. The 2009 anime is basically the animated adaptation of the manga, but like any adaptation, there are differences. This was basically the show that got me into cartoons. It's seriously incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment