Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Hax" might be my favorite word right now.

So, because all my best thinking is done while I'm working at Pizza Shoppe... Yeah, I have no idea how to properly segue into what this post is about. Hm. Mulligan!

So, for whatever reason, either Flight of the Bumblebee or Green Hornet (I'm thinking it was Green Hornet. That's what's REALLY stuck in my head right now) Ear Wormed its way into my head while I was working.

Total non sequitur, but what the hell? Did I just hear an eagle cry?

So, I was thinking of it (might listen to it after I take a shower), and I was thinking of the skill it would take to play it. That piece is bona fide ridiculous. It takes Flight of the Bumblebee and plays these double tongue runs in between the excerpts that are damn near impossible to play. I was never very good at double tonguing, bow chicka, but even without a trumpet to my lips, just trying to sound it out going "tuh-kuh-tuh-kuh" or whatever is impossible for me to do. It's literally (that was for you, Kate, if you're reading) too fast for me to play.

Screw you, Al Hirt. I don't even play trumpet anymore, but you still make me feel like an envious school girl from beyond the grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment