Monday, October 11, 2010

Glee? Skag that.

I'd be amazed if anyone didn't know what Glee is. It's ridiculously popular, with an emphasis on ridiculous.

So, a bunch of my friends and siblings love Glee, but when Buzz saw the episode with One by U2, he said he hated it. He said it stripped the soul from the song, which is of course what made it great.

I've never like Glee, ever since I first heard when they first played their rendition of Don't Stop Believin'. It, guess what, stripped the soul out of the song!

Now I'm not saying that the people in Glee aren't talented. They are. A lot more talented than I am. But they're trying to shoehorn amazing songs that each have an incredibly unique vocal style into maybe... Two different vocal types? I mean, yeah, the voices sound different and stuff. But the styles are all incredibly similar. You can't have three guys that sound super similar try to do Steve Perry, then Bono, and then Jim Morrison. It just cannot happen. Seriously, get out if you're going to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment