Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Now let me put this in a way you'll understand..."

I have anger issues. I get angry and frustrated far too easily, and then when I realize that the things causing my anger and frustration are all due to my own actions, all of it redoubles and I just end up sad and pissed off.

But let me clarify. I'm sure most of you reading this have thought "Great, he really is a psychopath." But I think that's the connection that people make between having anger issues and the way they carry them out. Yeah, there are the exceptions to the rule where people with anger issues don't deal with it violently, but that's what everyone jumps to, right? If they can punch something a few times, they feel better. Often, they punch something much smaller and weaker than they are, then they feel in control, and they had frustration because events were out of their control, etc. And it all just ends in a big mess because they had a short temper and a penchant for violence.

But how many of you who know me can honestly call me a violent person? Maybe some of you who have seen just how unbelievably obscene my language have made that conclusion. I don't blame you. Like my last post, while it sucks how far gone my reputation is, it's my fault, too. I certainly wasn't helping it, at any rate.

You know, it just occurred to me that maybe some of you just don't really like me. I like to think that I'm an extremely likable person; I've been told that enough to hold some stock in it. And those of you who say otherwise, well, that's probably my fault. And I certainly have no end to my whining which is definitely off putting, but I'm going to be really, really arrogant here and say that my best is pretty good. And if not, I hope there are some brownie points in calling myself out on ladling compliments on myself.

But, unlike my last post where I violently (if only in words) and horribly demanded answers (I'm sorry for that, by the way), I'll just leave a request that you don't count me out. All I'd really like is someone to talk to, and see every so often. Goodnight.

P.S.: To you, and you might not read this, much less know that I'm specifically talking to you, I really did want to take you out to a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment